Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Singapore Hawkers

 It's not a secret that my favorite thing about my Singapore trip was the food. I actually went there for that! I love their hawker centres. If you still don't know, hawker centres are open-air food complexes housing many stalls that sell a variety of inexpensive food. They are typically found near public housing estates or transport hubs.

I love it because:
a) they sell authentic variety of dishes from chinese, malay, indian etc.
b) variety of choices and convenient that you can tell how you want your noodles or pork to be plus it's fast too
c) inexpensive! you can get a delicious noodle set for $2 to $3 and most stuff are over $5 for the most expensive ones. Good isn't? 

Singapore is a good place if you want to devour on delicious hawker treats. We went to two different areas. Lucky for us, there's a huge hawker place in front of our hotel and we went all the way to China town to visit the popular Maxwell hawker centre.


Hainanese Chicken rice set


Hainanese Chicken my true love

The food menu posted on top of the stall. Here's what we ordered, Chicken rice set for $5

I think we were just in time for the last Chicken lol

The view outside the hawker at Jalan Besar


We all ended up getting hainanese chicken rice set

I wonder where we can find an accessible hawker food stall that sells authentic Chinese dish here in Manila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...